Licensed Asbestos Contractor
We are a Licenced Asbestos contractor governed by the HSE
Only licensed asbestos contractors can carry out works where higher-risk asbestos-containing materials are present.
Amstech ensure the following information is available to their workforce during notifiable works:
- A copy of the plan of works.
- Details of any air monitoring and results.
- Details of notification of work made to the enforcing authority.
- Maintenance records for control measures.
- The individual’s own personal information from health records.
- The results of any face-fit test for RPE provided for work with asbestos.
- A copy of the licence.
- Any anonymised collective information from the health records.
Examples of licensable work
- Removing sprayed coatings (limpet asbestos).
- Removal or other work which may disturb pipe lagging.
- Any work involving loose-fill insulation.
- Work on asbestos millboard.
- Cleaning up significant quantities of loose/fine debris containing ACM dust (where the work is not sporadic and of low intensity, the control limit will be exceeded or it is not short duration work).
- Work on AIB, where the risk assessment indicates that it will not be of short duration.