Amstech Insulations Limited-Newhaven, East Sussex
Job Title: Estimator
Reporting to: Martin Phillips
Salary £25k-£30k Dependant on Experience
Hours: 40 Hours per week
Location: Newhaven, East Sussex
An office based position, to work predominately as an estimator within the Contracts Department of our Thermal Insulation company. This will suit an individual with specific experience of estimating and tendering projects in the mechanical/heating and/or ventilation background. The successful applicant will be shown company specific systems of work but will be expected to have the ability to work independently.
Responsibilities to include:
- Receiving and processes client enquiries and online tender enquires.
- Respond to enquiries in a timely manner, and adhere to tender return dates.
- To estimate and price postal and electronically submitted site measured surveys.
- Knowledge and experience of MS Office and Excel is essential.
- The successful candidate must be able to accurately take off material quantities from drawings, sketches and handwritten surveys, and compose a quotation to the client.
- Liaise with the client for full specifications, or to discuss details and/or exclusions.
- To follow up enquiries and tenders by telephone and/or email, and/or tendering portals.
Requirements to include:
Must have a confident telephone manner and the ability to record information accurately.Must be well organised, be able to work independently, and to deadlines.
We believe this position to be of great potential, with the possibility of job progression. Excellent package for the right candidate, within rapidly expanding business.
Currently we have vacancies for the following;
Trainee Asbestos Operatives
Amstech Group is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment, and in which all decisions are based on merit.
Amstech Group understands that ‘equality of opportunity’ is concerned with ensuring that staff, applicants and others are not unlawfully or unfairly discriminated against, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
We are currently recruiting for Asbestos Surveyors in the Sussex area.
As one of the areas leading asbestos management service providers, we are seeking to employ self motivated individuals to work within our well established UKAS accredited surveying division. Key responsibilities: To undertake management, refurbishment and demolition surveys and, depending upon experience, provide project management support. BOHS or (BIOH) P402 certificate as a minimum, (BOHS S301, P405, P401 would also be an advantage). The successful candidate should be familiar with working within a UKAS accredited surveying environment, submit accurate reports and specification of works.
Candidates must be flexible with working hours to suit the demands of these roles, have a good level of computer literacy, be self-motivated and able to work on their own initiative, as well as part of the surveying team.
- Newhaven, East Sussex
- Asbestos Surveying: 1 year minimum